Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas is coming to town

And after a very loooong break I'm back.

I kept thinking and rethinking this whole idea of keeping a blog like this, not sure if I'll have enough patience and if I'll be able to give it 100% of what I can because if not, it's not even worth doing (yep, that's my style).
Anyways, I'm glad to be back and blogging. Will take one day at a time and we'll see..

Thanksgiving day just happened last week and literally 3 days after it the city transformed! There are Christmas decorations everywhere, the stores have special offers on everything Christmas, the Christmas songs are in heavy rotation on every radio station and all people are talking  about is Christmas gifts and who's invited to dinner.

I'll be honest here. That's a bit strange to me. Don't get me wrong, it's all very cute and festive and happy-like. But it just seems a bit too speedy. Back home we don't even mention Christmas until it's December 20th :) Just kidding. We do talk about it, and plan. But we don't put up all the decorations and Christmas trees until at least a week before the day. And when the BIG day comes, it feels pretty special and long-awaited.

So I'm sticking to that: no decorations and Christmas tree for me for at least 2 weeks. In the meantime I do enjoy making my home-made ornaments inspired by these Pinterest ideas:



 I even made a little (well, not so little) paper snowflake that's shining attached to my front door. I guess that's a little exception to my plan. But it's so cute - it's totally worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment